My apologies but I just can't seem to get myself back into blogging mode. Between busy Mommy schedules and just plain unadulterated apathy towards anything "extra" nary a post has made its way to the beautiful blue skies of my blog page. Even fun, friendly, and frankly pretty darn easy meme Three for Thursday has suffered.
But not today, folks! By golly if I accomplish one thing today it will be this: a real Three for Thursday blog post.
Three objects to my left:
1. Elle's pillow pet that came unstitched Christmas morning 2010. I've been intending to restitch it ever since. Maybe today I'll shoot to accomplish two things I've been putting off for far too long...
2. A clean and organized office space that I have been meaning to tackle for...hmm...about 8 months now. Sheesh.
3. Procrastination. It used to be on my right, but I moved to the left hoping I could get to it later. *har har har*
Three songs I can’t get out of my head:
1. Love You Like a Love Song by Selena Gomez and The Scene (It's just so darn catchy and it doesn't help that my girls walk around singing it nonstop.)
2. Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5
3. With a Little Help from my Friends by The Beatles (We've been watching The Wonder Years on Netflix lately.)
Three favorite Halloween movies (or songs):
Let me make one thing clear...I hate Halloween. It totally freaks me out and in my opinion is just an excuse for most people to get crazy weird or crazy slutty. I have never really enjoyed it until I had kids and was able to celebrate Halloween with cute "scary" stuff. Therefore my answers for this one are pretty low key when it comes to scare factor. Whatever. At least I can sleep at night.
1. Hocus Pocus
2. Any of the Harry Potter movies
3. Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo
Three things I’ve learned to just let go of:
1. The $200 our very first landlord "forgot" to refund of our deposit.
2. The 50 pounds I lost this summer.
3. Youth. (Weeelll...I'm still hanging on to this one with a few white knuckles.)
Three reasons I could wear the Super Woman costume on Halloween:
1. I got the office area organized...Finally.
2. I can raise four kids on my own...That is, in week long increments of course.
3. Blue makes my eyes "pop".
|Me and Sami, my favorite ax murderer in Texas. More blog posts to come...|
|I can't help but think of Max from Where the Wild Things Are.|
And for my final trick...I am cheating. Instead of a third picture here's a little video clip I snuck of my three year old Elle. After an endoscopy and biopsy we have discovered she has Celiac Disease. This is her on the drive home from the hospital procedure. The anesthesia is still wearing off, yet she just can't resist singing one of her favorite songs. Sad, but oh so cute. (It takes a while before she starts singing. She was singing before I pulled out the camera, but you know what happens once you pull the dang thing out.)