Katy is busy celebrating her hunka hunka burnin' love on his birthday today. Happy Birthday Eric!
And me... Well I am just plain burned out. My husband is out of town...AGAIN and I am hanging on for dear life much less than hanging by any silver linings. Being out of town for six weeks out of a seven week time period is NOT okay.
Methinks I am going to take some pressure off myself and take a break from 3 for TH until the fall. Sarah? Katy? You with me on this one?
Until then...here's one last parting 3 for TH for any of you die-hards out there. No prize this week, but the prize of joining in. I apologize for being such a pathetic and fickle blogger these days. It's the nature of the married single parenting game.
1. My husband is out of town...AGAIN.
2. It's the nature of the married single parenting game.
3. The fridge was empty and the sink was full. Out to dinner we go.
Three favorite children’s books:
1. Stuart Little
2. Anything by Sandra Boynton
3. The Indian and the Cupboard
Three decorating styles I like:
1. Shabby chic. It's so doable. If I mess up on a project, I just distress it some more and call it "messy on purpose".
2. Taking inspiration from nature: neutral tones, blue tones, wood and rock accents
3. My decorating style: eclectic, antiquated, recycled.
Three things I do differently than my mother did:
1. Make a meat dish at almost every meal.
2. Do not keep my house meticulously clean.
3. Had four children instead of five.
Three things I’m waiting for:
1. A paycheck in the mail
2. Our big family camp out
3. Joe's long awaited return
Three things I want to be when I grow up:
1. A waitress at a mom and pop diner.
2. A better and sought after writer.
Three things I do because they’re good for me and NOT because I like doing them:
1. Not drink pop.
2. Go to bed before midnight.
3. Pay bills.
Three things I appreciate about my middle child or middle sibling: (My middle sibling Dan is having a birthday today so I'll go with middle sibling. Plus I have two middle children...Too confusing.)
1. Works for the government protecting our country from bad guys.
2. Married a nice girl and gave my kids four cousins to play with.
3. If I ever need a place to stay in Puerto Rico, he'll gladly let me use his floor for my air mattress.
Three truths about me:
1. I am the oldest of five children.
2. I am 5'10" and the shortest out of those five children.
3. I may be the oldest, but I'm also the biggest baby out of all those five children.
|Elle's birthday cake. She turned three on the 7th. It's not a cruel implication. She really does like rocks.|
|The birthday girl as the rest of us ate dinner and got ready to cut up cake. We could NOT wake her up. All partied out.|
|Joe and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on Monday. I love you Joe!|