Tomorrow is my birthday.
My *gulp* 30th birthday.
I declare that I have yet to settle on how to come to terms with this fact.
Do I handle it gracefully? Do I fight it? Do I act nonchalant? Do I allow myself to grow melancholy?
Probably a bit of everything and more.
Well, ready or not Evelyn...Here comes 30.
Before I let go of my younger years, allow me the chance to reminisce a bit on what I accomplished in the last decade of my life. The list maker in me just couldn't resist.
Twenty Things I Did in My Twenties
1. Learned that you don't know what you have until it's gone.
2. Went to college. Dropped out of college. Went back to college. Dropped out. Went back. Dropped out again. Made plans to go back...someday.
3. Learned how to drive a stick shift...AFTER I bought a car with a manual transmission.
4. Landed my early dream job as an Emergency Department Technician where I worked 5 years of night shifts and saw some of the craziest things I have (or ever will) seen.
5. Lived in the House of Dreams with the most incredible roommates a girl could have.
6. Met and married Joe.
7. Made four pretty babies with Joe.
8. Bought our first house. Sold it only a year and a half later.
9. Moved away from my hometown, just one move in the line of ten moves (seven of those times as a married person).
10. Discovered I was actually not too shabby at playing basketball.
11. Finally learned how to make scrambled eggs the "right" way. Low and slow.
12. Ran the entire 3.2 miles of my first 5K.
13. Started blogging.
14. Received my EMT license.
15. Tried sushi.
16. Worked as a freelance writer.
17. Experienced a miscarriage.
18. Made new friends from all over the United States and beyond.
19. Chopped my hair short. Let it grow. Chopped my hair off again. Let it grow again. Chop. Grow. Chop. Grow. Chop?
20. Learned there is no one "right" way to do something. Except when making scrambled eggs.