There's something about the end of the year and the holidays that gets me in a bit of a nostalgic mood. But a little jaunt down memory lane never hurt anyone, right? Why not? Let's take the memories into another Three for Thursday.
Three long lost hobbies:
With the arrival of each new baby I've had to bid adieu to more and more of my favorite past times. Some days an empty nest looks so appealing, doesn't it?
1. Scrapbooking. Which is rather ironic since my children have given me loads to scrap about. It's just finding the time to do it. What a paradox!
2. Card making. Now you're lucky if you get a scrap of paper with your name scribbled on it.
3. Reading. At least adult fiction. No! Not that kind of fiction, ya' pervs!
Three jobs/careers I have had:
1. Counselor at a summer Boy Scout camp. Oh the things you will learn when surrounded by 12 year old boys.
2. Emergency Department Technician. Best job ever! The blood. The guts. The drunks. The twelve hour night shifts. The crazies. The coworkers. Loved just about every minute of it!
3. Freelance writer. You mean you can make money doing something you love?!
Three childhood dreams that came true:
1. Marry Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome. Check.
2. Be in a musical. Check.
3. Drive a mini-van full of kids. Check. And check.
Three childhood dreams that didn’t come true:
1. Be the first female president of the United States of America. Hey! I guess there's still a chance.
2. Hone the ability to magically draw animals to me with the sound of my luscious vocal chords. What's Snow White got that I don't have?
3. I can fly. With nothing but pure mental exertion.
Three toys I asked for Christmas when I was a kid:
1. Books. Yes, I was that kind of kid.
2. Riverdance on VHS. Cue aging jokes now.
3. I never asked for much. I'm too indecisive and I always hoped my parents would just know what I wanted even if I didn't. So I always got clothes. Even still, I really...really...really hate getting clothes for Christmas.
Since this is "Memory Lane" 3 for TH I'm using three old pictures. Ahhh...The good ol' days!
|Told ya' he was dark and handsome. You'll just have to take my word on the tall part.|
|Halloween 2006. Dee and Jeigh as Nacho and Sister Encarnacion. My first attempt at homemade costumes and not to toot my own horn but also my favorite costumes to date.|