Three for Thursday
Three things that kept me from getting this post up in any kind of a timely manner:
1. An overflowing toilet full of...stuff.
2. An utterly pathetic workout constantly interrupted by 4 children.
3. The black hole my brain is every time I sit down at the computer.
Three home improvement projects: (once we FINALLY buy this house)
1. Paint a wall...or two or four. And get those dang picture frames hung up.
2. Figure out a way to construct some gardening boxes up on our hillside of a yard.
3. Tear off the 70's style Haun's Mill mural wall paper that covers an entire wall in our basement.
Three favorite songs:
1. "Dream" Priscilla Ahn
2. "Come What May" Moulin Rouge soundtrack
3. "If You're Not the One" Daniel Bedingfield ("Our" song)
Three dreadful things I’m really not looking forward to in the near future:
1. Returning the new cell phone that is too complicated for my own good.
2. Trying to think of something to make for dinner other than cold cereal.
3. Folding that mountain of laundry looming on the couch.
Three most surprising things about giving birth for the first time:
1. My babies look like little wrinkly old men
2. Epidurals don't always "take"
3. All the leaking afterwards. Leaking from...everywhere. No one told me about the leaking.
Three easy recipes:
1. Recipe for Disaster: Take 1 two year old. Add 1 toilet. Toss in one potty training accident, a package of wipes flushed down the toilet by the two year old, and one prayer that the water will please stop rising. Garnish with a few colorful words and serve to husband when he gets home from work.
2. Easy Chicken Burritos: Buy one rotisserie chicken from Costco. Strip meat from bones and shred. Mix shredded cheese and salsa with chicken. Place tortilla on plate. Top with chicken mixture. Microwave for 2 minutes. Wrap up tortilla and eat. Use a wheat tortilla and add black beans and diced tomatoes when feeling particularly healthy.
3. Semi-Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup: Put 4-5 chicken breasts in large pot along with roughly cut onions, celery, carrots, salt and pepper. Cover with water. Bring to boil and lower temperature to simmer. Simmer for half hour. Take chicken breasts out and cut up. Add back to pot. Bring water back to boil. Add chicken bouillon to taste. Add bag of frozen egg noodles. Boil 20 minutes. Serve.
(Poop and food in one answer...Classy.)
Three really totally awesome things I did today that make me a Super Mom/Super Woman:
1. Did not kill children
2. Prayed for patience
3. Set aside everything else to hold two year old and tell her I love her. Even if she does push me to the point of big, soppy, wet tears of frustration.
Three things I never leave home without:
1. My head. Well...that's debatable.
3. A list
Three favorite movies pre-1970:
1. The Court Jester
2. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
3. The Ten Commandments
Three best skills:
1. Crazy-mad number memory/recall skills (Just call me Rain Woman)
2. word games goddess
3. Tootsie roll molding
Three awkward happenings on the honeymoon:
1. When I got felt up in the hotel swimming pool by a bunch of pre-teen boys playing Marco Polo instead of by my husband who chose to snooze on the lounge chair pool side instead of swimming laps with me.
2. Returning to my parents' house the morning after (wink, wink) for our wedding gifts and my sister swinging open the front door only to greet me with a condemning "Hello, Non-Virgin".
3. When I stepped out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a floor length, high neck, flannel granny nightgown. In my head it was going to get a huge laugh. Not so much.
I found a series of pictures on the camera from one of my budding photographers. Here's one of about 20.
Dee walked in the house from school and whipped open his shirt to show me the paper his teacher had pinned on him for the day. It's a good system, but it just strikes me as ridiculously funny that my son is a paper mule. Paper held on by a sharp pointy object no less.
Our first Bountiful Basket goodies!
Happy Thursday! And remember to link up below by Sunday to be eligible for the random drawing!
Psst...Didn't get it done by Thursday? No problem! Four for Friday works for me.